Hello fellow crafters, artists and Stampin Up! lovers,
How are we all this gloomy evening? Well I hope? I will be giving you an overview of what I have done with the kit and how I have made some changes etc. I have also made a test video showing you what I have done to each card. I have also changed some of the stamp sets as I forgot to buy the coordinating stamp set for tin of cards (photo - 138946).
Instead I used; teeny tiny centements (clear 120024 - wood 130042), gorgeous grunge (clear 130517 - wood 130514), perfectly penned (retired). As you can see I used . I have mixed and matched the stampin up sets I do have to replace the ones I do not. This project kit is clearly very versatile and open to interpretation. Should you wish to follow the guide exactly you're more than welcome to.
When I 1st got my kit I opened it out and checked that had everything 1st, I then decided to go the easiest thing 1st and for me that was the dividers. I simply adhered the designer paper to each divider and wrote down some of the names of the sections I would need. I didn't know exactly every section, I would need to begin with, so I simply made the ones I could think of and added the rest, as they came to me.
Although the tin of cards stamp set is beautiful, I personally do not mind having hand written labels on my dividers. I picked a pen that went nicely with the designer series paper. I also has an extra sheet of this designer series paper which is fantastic, it is great value for money, and means I have another pretty paper for a card project. I'm looking forward to giving proper tutorials in the future, I am simply testing videos at the moment until I get the right setup.
The other stamp set I used to add a little something to this project was; watercolour wings (photo – 140232). I absolutely love the stamp set. Not just because it's butterflies (and I am obscessed with butterflies and purple), but because of the way it is drawn, it gives the user the appearance of been able to draw. I love stamp sets like that, I also love watercolour effect, and the multilayering stamps.
I stuck with the 2015-2017 in-colours as I thought that would be fun and they went well with the theme and colour combination. Cucumber crush, Delightful dijon, Mint macaron, Tip top taupe, Watermelon wonder (138333). I also used the gold Stampin Up! marker (retired) and some glimmer mist (retired).
I really had a lot of fun with this kit and changing things up to make it my own was just amazing. If you would like an instruction booklet on how I created these cards simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org